First off let me say - I love this app. I wasn't happy with the changes Apple made in Lion with iCal and the mess they made of my calendar and reminders (I ended up completely purging and starting over it was so bad) and I refuse to use iCloud or other internet services for my private data, so syncing my iCal with my iOS Reminders via the internet and iCloud is not an option. Thank goodness 2Do is available - not just as an alternative to iCloud syncing, it's an wonderful app that is very helpful and a joy to use.
Here's my problem - I'm using the most current levels of 2Do on 2 iOS devices - an iPhone and an iPad (2Do 2.7.2) and 2Do Helper (2.1.5) on my Mac OS X 10.7.2
I have consistent settings on the 2 iOS devices and after syncing everything up, I expected to see, for example, the same number appear in the badge for the "All" and "Today" tabs (for example). I was concerned when I saw differences in the number of items in the badge counts on my iPhone and iPad
After some digging, I believe there is a bug in syncing of Start Dates on todos
- when I set or update a Start Date on a Todo on one device, then sync with the computer and sync the second device, the date is not updated on the second device - it remains either blank, or set to an older value…
- editing the date on the second device and syncing things up back to the first device also has no impact
- I found one article that talked about earlier problems with syncing when the default time (for Due Date?) is unmodified, but that also did not make a difference; editing the time does not force the Start Date to sync
- from what I can see, every other field is sync'd correctly - Due Date and even Time - just not Start Date
- when I edit and manually update the Start Dates in parallel on the 2 devices, the badge counts are consistent (as expected)
- since the additional fields (Time, Start Date, etc) are not visible in the iCal Reminders, I can't inspect the values on my Mac OS X (I would be interested in knowing if there is a way to see the data on the Mac)
- there is a noteable UI difference in the iPhone and iPad date pickers for Due Date - on the iPhone the Due Date and Start Date pickers are calendar grids, on the iPad, only the Start Date picker is a grid - the Due Date is a scroll-wheel date picker (which is not as usable)
Is there any workaround or something I'm missing - or is this a bug?