shelmart wrote:i find sometimes that it takes a few refreshes of the screen before I see all my changes.
I have seen the same behaviour as well. However, I have also noticed some actual problems in the sync between a single iPhone and MobileMe.
I use mostly 2Do, but occasionally open iCal on the Mac (i.e. 2Do <-> MobileMe <-> iCal). I mostly connect my iPhone to the internet using my home WiFi, but sometimes I use 3G. Today I opened iCal and noticed some things that were out of sync. The following are (I believe) the relevant sequence of events:
- previous days, yesterday and this morning, I marked some tasks as completed, some of which were for the previous day, and deferred others
- I closed the app, which, as per my settings, triggers a sync with MobileMe (on this occasion via 3G)
- just now I went into iCal on my Mac and noticed that the tasks hadn't updated, so I opened up MobileMe in my browser, and found that it reflected iCal, not 2Do (i.e. some of the changes to the tasks I had previously made had not come through, although I'm not exactly sure if only *some* tasks failed to sync, as there were quite a few changes I made)
- I then tested changing one task that I should have done yesterday, deferring it to today, and manually synced from 2Do (this time via WiFi)
- in my browser, I logged out of MobileMe then back in again (I know I don't need to but just to be sure), and this time I could see the task had been changed, but the ones that I had changed yesterday and before were still not synced correctly
I don't think the time of day, or even the type of connection, has anything to do with it, and is just a red herring. It just *feels* like, when I synced from 2Do on the iPhone, the changes possibly didn't update correctly on the MobileMe servers. Then subsequently, it *feels* like 2Do simply noted that it had already synced these tasks that had been changed, noted that no changes had been made to the MobileMe data, and decided it didn't need to try to update the server again with the tasks in question.
I'm sure this is a hard one to diagnose, but perhaps Support could somehow test this? Specifically, the scenario where a background sync occurs (when 2Do is closed on home button being pressed), the sync then has problems (e.g. bad connection due to 3G reception), and the app thinks the tasks have been updated on MobileMe when they haven't. Or maybe MobileMe is not updating correctly on the server side? In which case, maybe the 2Do MobileMe sync needs to do a full sync every time (or maybe only when sync running in the background)?